Think-cell is a kind of company developers truly like. In fact, of our now 20 full-time developers, in 15 years of think-cell, only one ever quit his job. We are highly profitable, so we can give you the time and resources to write beautiful code. There are no meetings. All management (the two co-founders) are computer science PhDs, so no demands from people who don’t understand the trade.
Specialization: IT Service (outsourcing/outstaffing)
Posted on 21 Dec 2020
Candidate level: Middle
Offered Salary: $0-0
Full Time office
Required english level
• Language: English
• Working experience: binary code and malware analysis, IDA, security vulnerabilities, understand data structures and algorithms involving dozens of functions all from nothing but binary
• Education: EU citizens/residence holders – any; others have to have a University degree (starting from Bachelor) so we can sponsor the work permit think-cell distinguishes itself from other Microsoft Office add-ins by having an intuitive user interface, smart algorithms that automate many tasks and, not least, a deep integration into its Office host application.
To achieve this deep integration, we use the public APIs offered by Office and Windows whenever we can, but unfortunately, they do not let us do everything we want to do. So we add our own customization hooks into the Office and Windows binaries. When think-cell loads, it finds the code locations and installs its hooks. Instead of using fixed addresses, we find code locations using machine code patterns to be robust against minor changes. If an update to Office or Windows still breaks some of the patterns, think-cell will automatically download and install any available version with updated patterns. Finding ways to achieve a desired customization is a truly zen-like activity. It requires deep analytical skills, the ability to juggle vast amounts of information in the head and quickly separate promising from less promising approaches.
Do you have experience with binary code analysis? Using tools like IDA is your second nature? Do you enjoy analyzing malware or finding security vulnerabilities? Then analyzing a large application like Office will give you a whole new set of challenges!
You need to understand data structures and algorithms involving dozens of functions all from nothing but binary. Do you belong to the few people in the world who have these skills? Then we are looking for you. Here is what we offer in a nutshell:
· A wide array of extremely challenging tasks
· An international team of brilliant minds
· A working environment that makes this team stay and grow
· Enough time to make sure that every detail of your solution is perfect
· A flat organization and plenty of room for your ideas
· No scheduled meetings
· Family-friendly working hours, no deadlines, no overtime
· Support for relocation
· A competitive salary from the start and a raise to EUR 120,000 annually after only one year
The office is beautiful and located in the middle of Berlin, there is breakfast, drinks and snacks available at the office every morning, there is a shower to use in case they do sports in between (several run or even go to work by bicycle), we support to find a nanny for families special occasions (when a couple needs a night out once in a while or when a kid gets sick) and a summer as well as winter party. For the summer party employees can invite up to 10 friends and/or members of their family. If the candidate is successful in the recruitment process other benefits can be negotiated by the candidate directly with one of the co-founder
• Location: Berlin, Germany
• Position: full-time, no remote or freelancer work
• Team size: 20 developers reporting directly to CTO (2 people in reverse engineering stream)
• Reason for opening: we have 2 developers who do C++ and reverse engineering at the same time. CTO wants to move 2 current members to C++ programming only and hire 2 people specifically for reverse engineering part
• Sourcing locations for candidates: everywhere in the world. We will support with the relocation and work permit
• Start date: flexible, can wait for the candidate who received job offer up to 8-12 month to join
About the recruitment process
• 3 hour reverse engineering test followed by a technical interview with CTO and a team member, followed by another interview with CEO. 2nd and 3rd steps are subject to change depending on the overall performance of candidates
• Candidates who did not pass C++ test can apply for reverse engineering position and vice versa